25 March 2018
Before you click on the ‘New Tab’ button, search for the aforementioned question and read the extract from an authentic website, let me tell you the reason. The sole reason why the Sun shines, is to appreciate the existence of the Sunshine Blogger Award, which was destined to be named after it!
A weird coincidence is that, I am Arkadeep Mukhopadhyay. No wait, that is not the coincidence. My name, when translated to English from Bengali means Sunlight or as the creative people might tell you, Sunshine!
My blog was nominated by A Typical Teenage Bookworm, who besides books and series likes to feast upon chocolate and tea.
Her blog has an amazing theme and layout that makes you wanna read her magnificent articles, all in one go!
How It Works?
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate up to 11 blogs and ask them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your blog-post (The original Logo as many bloggers have realised already, is on a vacation and could not be found anywhere)
5. Rules are to tweak; Take it easy.
I am Answering the Questions. But, don’t Question my Answers!
- What’s your favourite kind of pasta? Nowadays we all have the habit of modernizing every word. Got to becomes Gotta, Want to becomes Wanna. So I guess, the word Pastime became Pasta. My favorite pastime is indeed learning. To get a better hint on what I like to learn, check out an answer to a question, later in the list.
- Is there a Book which somehow changed or influenced your life? And if yes, how? Promise me you won’t immediately read the answer to the fifth question if you read this one. I can almost see your eyeballs drifting downwards! Well, that book is Three Men in A Boat (click here to download the PDF), a classic by Jerome K Jerome. The book, had it not been written, would have resulted in me becoming one of those grim faced people, I often complain about, who, by the way, if had been me, would have been complaining about, a person, who is like the “me”, that is writing this blog post!
- Name three artists of the surrealism without looking it up. I’m not looking up. I’m looking straight into the screen of my laptop. And I am searching about it on Google. Oops, Google doesn’t want me to search about surrealism! I bet google was tipped off earlier about this by a typical teenage bookworm!
- Your least favourite trend from 2017? I actually travel back in time. So, the last year I lived before 2018 was 2019. My least favorite trend in that year was people leaving for Mars as Earth was destroyed, about which you will read more in question 6!
- What made you publish a blog? Hopefully, you are not reading this one after the second question. Well, I published the blog because, I read 3 Men in a Boat, which literally changed my life. Also, so did another bengali book called Ha Ja Ba Ra La by Sukumar Ray. Also, my brother Soumyodeep (an amazing photographer) really motivated me for having a blog. Also, I did a star correspondence from Times of India, which improved my report writing skills. Also, nope not anymore, that’s it!
- How Long do you think would our earth survive if we’d continue just like we do now? You have read question 4. You know when. The reason earth will be destroyed in 2019, is because it will strike with an asteroid while absent mindedly taking a selfie to post on MilkyGram, the photo sharing app of this galaxy.
- One thing that makes you want to get up each morning and puts a smile on your face. The essential knowledge that eighteen hours later, I will go back to sleep, AGAIN!
- Do you prefer poetry/books/anything written or photography/movies/pictures? OR: Do you prefer expressing one’s thoughts in written or pictured form? I like written stuff. Reason? Written stuff is one-dimensional. Pictorial stuff is two dimensional, for a picture, three dimensional for a movie and four dimensional for a 3d movie! Written stuff just makes others endure through one’s thoughts which is essential for effective communication.
- The biggest role model in your life and why? For now, it is Richard Feynman. He has an incredible ability to teach. His lectures, even the advanced ones, are understandable by the general public.
- Have you ever watched The Breakfast Club? (if not: go, get up and watch it! if yes: who’s the funniest/most amusing character in your opinion?) Although I applaud a healthy breakfast and am a member of a few local clubs, I am yet to watch The Breakfast Club!
- If there’s one single thing you could thoroughly learn and be able to do afterwards absolutely perfectly, what would it be? (it could be anything, guys) It would be perfectly learning to learn other things perfectly. That way, I could do everything perfectly!
Answer What Follows and You will be gifted a free Icecream the next time you visit Antarctica.
- Who do you think owns the continent of Antarctica? (Try not to Google)
- Would you ever publish a book?
- If you were a worm, how long would you be?
- Define definition along with examples of examples.
- Write a question you would like to answer but don’t answer it. Now write three sentences about self control.
- What was your favorite moment of FRIENDS?
- Do you correct autocorrect more than autocorrect corrects you?
- What is the single most valuable piece of advice anybody has ever given you?
- Name the people you are proud to have in your life. Now, disclose to them that there exists a newspaper from Antarctica called Antarctica Daily.
- If a new element was being added to the periodic table and it is to be named after you. What properties do you want it to have?
- What question you will never answer honestly. Write that question and an accompanying dishonest answer!
Now the Fun Part, where I nominate others…
- Ben’s Bitter Blog
- Obsessed with Words
- Joy Passion Desire
- Counting Ducks
- Monte Celia Parker
Few Slots are still empty, which will be filled in very soon!
Editor in Chief